The original plan was for the Return Raid fleet to leave Hobart from Watermans Dock on Monday afternoon, however, the current forecast is for strong westerly winds from midday Sunday, easing late on Monday afternoon. We will have a better idea of how the weather system is moving at 11 am on Monday. If the winds are unlikely to ease in time for a safe crossing during daylight we will look at alternatives including the possibility of busing people to a camp site for Monday night.
As always we will be watching the weather and will make a decision accordingly. Some people on the Raid have limited email access at the moment – if you are speaking to someone doing the Return Raid please check with them whether they’ve received this email and if not, let them know about the bag drop at 11 am and the possibility of a bus shuffle if the strong winds don’t ease in time.