We can’t control the weather

posted Jan 23, 2021, 2:57 AM by Martin Riddle   [ updated Jan 23, 2021, 2:58 AM ]
The current forecast for the second half of next week is for winds from the east, which is not good for anchoring near the camp site in Recherche Bay or for the transit from Recherche to Southport. It’s too early to be certain whether the easterly winds will happen - a lot could change between now and then. Over the next few days we’ll be watching the forecasts and working on contingency plans, such as starting the Raid at Southport. We will have a better idea of likely conditions on Tuesday and will provide an up-date at the Welcome Dinner. Don’t head down to Recherche Bay without checking with the Raid organisers first.