posted Nov 27, 2016, 3:00 AM by Richard Forster
updated Nov 27, 2016, 6:52 PM by Posts Editor
Lorrie Harrison writes:
'In typical LBT style members arrived on mass willing to help and willing to create an inclusive fabulous day. Huge thank you to everyone who coordinated - Adrian, Penny, Jane, Peter, food from Jilly and team, safety boat lead by Richard.
Results of races:
- Roger Harwood- John Young and David Nash both in 46min 10 seconds;
- The Swiftsure - Cygnet team, second crew out 22 min 44 sec;
- The Rat Race- David Budd and Barbara Dawson;
- Skiff races
- Women's event - Castle Forbes Bay in Chiton in 6m 33 sec
- Men's- Huon Five O in Imagine in 6m.20 sec
- Mixed - Huon Five O in Billie in 6m 49 sec.
Naturally, the highlight was the launch of a new skiff. 'Freya' looks like becoming a favourite amongst the rowers, a great deal of interest in those oars!.'
Pics below. See also some beauties posted by Cheryl Gallienne to Facebook (signin required): http://bit.ly/2g7LyFM.
First John Young led the fleet home in the Roger Harwood annual handicap race for small rowing dinghies.
Lots of crews participated in time trials in Swiftsure,
and in in the St Ayles Skiffs.
After lunch and the launch of Freya
David Budd and Barb Dawson showed the other competitors a clean pair of heels in the Rat Island sailing race.
Be sure to book early if you want seats as good as these next year.