posted Nov 20, 2015, 7:08 PM by Posts Editor
updated Nov 21, 2015, 12:11 PM
From Karen Corbin:
- Saturday 28* November 2015:
- M.C. — Dave Pittaway;
- Safety Boat - Rowan (ready to go from pontoon);
- Starter boat — Nancy (Barb Dawson);
- BBC and drinks available for purchase from LBT.
- Program of events on the water:
- 9-12.30pm- Kids rowing events, games, rowing machine and introduction to kayaks;
- Registration for afternoon events open until 12.45 at the Regatta;
- Depending on enrolment, teams will be female, male and mixed. Races will be timed and if no finals then fastest time in each category will be deemed winners!
- *** Teams and individual rowers are encouraged to register prior to the day by email to Karen Corbin at firstname.lastname@example.org ***;
- 1pm-3pm : St Ayles skiff races begin and continue every 15 minutes. The course will be from LBT to a marker up river and return;
- 2-3 pm: Blind faith – blindfolded rowers in Grebes with rudderless cox-short course down river separate from St Ayles skiff races;
- 3.00pm : Big Buoys Challenge – handicapped, same course as skiffs. Female Swiftsure team, La Chaloupe and St Ayles skiffs (any takers?);
- 3.45pm: The Rat Race – any small sailing craft welcome (Swiftsure, Grebes, private boats, skiffs).