posted Oct 27, 2013, 8:47 PM by Unknown user
updated Oct 31, 2013, 4:45 AM
The highlights at the Sunday LBT 'Boot and Boat' market were too numerous to mention, but we'll try.
- Steve and Kath Campbell's publicity campaign, both terrestial (signage everywhere) and virtual (Facebook, Gumtree) was wall to wall. We are in oar (yuck, yuck)
- Dennis and Parge's LBT stall, was the big money spinner of the day. Well done guys.
- Ros Barnett's food and drink, provided with the able assistance of Graham, Jennifer, Hans and Nell, was in constant demand.
- Ticket books were rapidly emptied by Peter Hill as the eager punters staked a chance on winning Dr Dick's rowing skiff.
- There were seagull motors everywhere, with Gary Pritchard and Steve demonstrated just how noisy they are.
- An eclectic range of boats for sale graced the front of the shed.
- Happy customers snapped up the bargains.
- Ears were bent as boating enthusiasts of all persuasions exchanged tips and ideas.
- A group from the Spring Bay community shed, very similar to ours, came down for a visit. We'll be cooperating with them in future.
Thanks to everybody who helped out. You'll be pleased to know it was worth it in the monetary as well as the social sense.