posted Jan 13, 2015, 11:56 AM by Unknown user
updated Jan 13, 2015, 2:43 PM
Nicole Mays writes:
'I wanted to update you on the status of my book. Spirited, Skilled and Determined: The Boat and Ship Builders of Battery Point (1835-1935) has finally been published!
on prominent colonial builders, including William Williamson, John
Watson, Peter Degraves, James Mackey, John Lucas, John Ross, Robert
Inches, Joseph Risby, and Jacob Chandler, etc;
- Chapters on prominent 20th century builders, including Charlie Lucas, Percy Coverdale, Purdon and Featherstone, etc;
- A chapter on Alfred Blore, prominent local boat designer;
- Lots of photos (black and white);
- Appendix summarising the 700+ vessels built at Battery Point between 1835 and 1935;
- Bibliography and Index;
- Foreward by Graeme Broxam;
- Hardcover, 320 pages;
- ISBN: 9780646931340.'
Congratulations to Nicole. Book will be in stores soon, and at the Wooden Boat Guild stall at the festival.